COVID-19 Update June 2020Scroll to content
Our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve remain our number one priority.
The situation regarding COVID-19 is changing on a daily basis and our Board and Management Team have been working extensively to adapt and respond to the latest information so that we can continue to address the safety, health and well-being of all concerned with our operations.
Having closed our site operations on Monday 23rd March, ahead of any formal Government announcement, we have been working extensively with our customers to develop new integrated risk assessments, method statements and safety plans which incorporate the requirements for social distancing, increased hygiene and cleaning frequency.
Our Flooring, Interiors and Richardson & Starling business’ have continued to work on a restricted and controlled basis on Government deemed critical sites, including the delivery of the NHS Louisa Jordan in Glasgow. We thank all our teams for the work and dedication in servicing these critical sites, which has in addition crucially afforded us the opportunity for most valuable feedback from our employees, to fine tune these new methods and procedures.
Having been given the go-ahead by the First Minister on 28th May to commence preparations for further works commencement, we have been working with many of our customers to ensure we are satisfied we can reopen other site operations on a phased basis. Following subsequent approval from the First Minister to restart site operations on 11th June, our plans are progressing at a steady and controlled rate.
KEY PRINCIPLES AS WE RETURN TO WORK
- We have enhanced hygiene standards for our staff and on-site operatives.
- Increased hygiene measures have been introduced across all branches including regular cleaning of handles, doors and other surfaces. Hand sanitation products have been made widely available.
- All employees will be consulted on their return to work as to their current health and circumstances in their household.
- All employees will be given an extensive reinduction to work, prior to commencing operations, and asked to provide any views or further suggestions we could take into consideration.
- We will continue to ask for employee feedback and work improvement on a regular basis.
- Communication will be critical from all concerned with our operations.
Although current statistics with the virus are improving, these remain uncertain times and we remain on high alert.
Finally, we sincerely wish good health for you and your families during these times.
Group Managing Director